Handbrake is a free and open-source tool that converts video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- Built-in device presets
- Support DVD and Blu-Ray sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
- Title / Chapter selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
Install Handbrake in Ubuntu 14.04:
Handbrake 0.9.9 has been made into Ubuntu 14.04’s universe repositories. So you don’t have to do something special, just search for and install it from Ubuntu Software Center.