Ubuntu Tweak was a popular Ubuntu Desktop configuration tool. Although the development was stopped 2 years ago, some people still want to install this application. And here’s how to do it in Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus.
Below I’ll tell you how to install Ubuntu Tweak from the launchpad PPA. If you have added the GetDeb apps repository, SKIP following steps and directly install ubuntu-tweak via:
- either Synaptic Package Manager
- or sudo apt update && sudo apt install ubuntu-tweak command.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching “Terminal” from the Dash. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/ubuntu-tweak
2. Then update and install Ubuntu Tweak via commands:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install ubuntu-tweak
3. (Optional) If you don’t want to add the PPA, grab the deb from the direct link below:
Then double-click to install via Ubuntu Software, or use dkpg command in terminal:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/ubuntu-tweak_0.8.8-5~zesty_all.deb; sudo apt -f install
In addition, if you’ve added the PPA, you may remove it after installed Ubuntu Tweak, since there’s no future updates. To do so, launch Software & Updates utility and go to Other Software tab.