GTK+3 Twitch Client ‘Gnome Twitch’ reached the 0.4.0 release a few days ago with mainly stability improvements and also some key features have been implemented.
Gnome Twitch 0.4.0 release highlight:
- Better moving and resizing of chat
- Notifications have been re-enabled
- Language selection in Settings.
- Search settings menu allows to set to search for offline channels.
- Display all stream qualities and all chat badges
- Dynamic loading of items in containers
- The viewer count for each game is now visible.
- Improvements to notification bar and Empty views
How to Install Gnome Twitch 0.4.0 in Ubuntu:
The webupd8 team has made the new release into PPA. Because the 0.4.0 requires GTK+ >=3.20, it’s only available for Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 17.04.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from start menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
Type in your password when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. For those who have a previous release installed, launch Software Updater to upgrade the software after checking for updates:
Or just run commands below one by one in terminal to install / upgrade Gnome Twitch:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-twitch
How to Remove:
To remove the app, run the following command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove gnome-twitch && sudo apt-get autoremove
And you can remove the PPA by going to System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software.t