Qmmp, a Qt-based multimedia player with Winamp like interface, has just reached the 1.1.5 (for Qt5) and 0.10.5 (for Qt4) release.
Qmmp 1.1.5 and 0.10.5 adds support for FFmpeg 3.2, and also fixes following bugs:
- fix file downloading issue in the http plugin;
- fix directory selection in the qsui plugin;
- fix possible segmentation fault;
- fix command line option ‘–pl-repeat-toggle’;
- fix some cppcheck warnings;
- changed file dialog form.
How to Install Qmmp 1.1.5 / 0.10.5 in Ubuntu:
The new releases have been made into the official PPA:
- Qt 5 version (1.1.5) is available for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and derivatives.
- Qt 4 version (0.10.5) is available for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10.
To install it, follow the steps below:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa
Type in your password (no visual feedback) when it asks and hit Enter.
2. To upgrade Qmmp from a previous release, launch Software Updater and install the updates after checking for updates.
Or install /upgrade Qmmp in terminal via command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack
For Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10 users want to install Qmmp 0.10.5 (Qt4 version), use below command instead:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qmmp-qt4 qmmp-plugin-pack-qt4
To downgrade Qmmp to the stock version available in Ubuntu main archive, just run command to purge the PPA:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:forkotov02/ppa
If you want to remove Qmmp audio player via command:
sudo apt remove qmmp qmmp-qt4 qmmp-plugin-pack qmmp-plugin-pack-qt4
And the PPA repository can be removed via System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.