The digital photo manager Shotwell 0.23.6 was released. It’s available in PPA for Ubuntu 16.04 and Linux Mint 18.
Shotwell photo manager is updating frequently in recent months, the latest 0.23.6 is released just two weeks after the last and it features:
- Fix locale-dependent times
- Use nl_langinfo instead of custom LConv
- Fix renaming of tags and saved searches
- Improve message shown on empty camera
- Make thm a recognized extension for JPEG files
- Translation updates
How to install Shotwell 0.23.6 in Ubuntu 16.04:
Jens Georg is maintaining a ppa repository for the latest stable Shotwell packages with support for Ubuntu 16.04 so far.
To install it:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yg-jensge/shotwell
Type in your password when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then update system package cache and install or upgrade shotwell via command:
sudo apt update; sudo apt install shotwell
For any issue, you can undo the changes and downgrade to the stock version of Shotwell in Ubuntu 16.04 by running the command below in terminal:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:yg-jensge/shotwell