Qmmp, an open-source Qt-based multi-media player, just got an update a few hours ago by releasing version 1.1.3 and 0.10.3.
Qmmp is a free audio player with Winamp-like user interface. It supports XMMS and Winamp 2.x skins, mms, MPRIS, Last.fm, lyrics, most audio formats, and more. And the latest Qmmp 1.1.3/0.10.3 features:
- added xesam:contentCreated field in the mpris plugin
- improved ape/tta detection
- fixed random stop bug
- fixed duration calculation in the mpeg plugin
- fixed scrobbling of tracks with ‘&’ symbol (1.1.3 only)
- fixed ADTS parser in the aac plugin
- fixed librcc database path in the portable mode
- translation updates
How to install Qmmp 1.1.3 / 0.10.3 in Ubuntu:
The 1.1.3 and 0.10.3 are different series with same features:
- Qmmp 1.1.3 is Qt5 based and it’s available for Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 16.10 in PPA.
- Qmmp 0.10.3 is Qt4 based that available in PPA for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu 16.10.
To install Qmmp 1.1.3 or 0.10.3, do following steps:
1. Add the Ubuntu PPA.
Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa
Type in password when it asks and hit Enter.
2. To upgrade from a previous release, launch Software Updater and install the updates after checking for update:
Or you may run commands to install the music player from terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack
For Ubuntu 16.04 and higher users who want to install the Qt4 release (0.10.3), use qmmp-qt4 qmmp-plugin-pack-qt4 in the command above.
3. (Optional) To remove Qmmp player, simply run command:
sudo apt remove qmmp qmmp-qt4 && sudo apt autoremove
And the PPA can be removed or disabled via Software & Updates utility under Other Software tab.