Vivaldi web browser reached the new major 2.0 release today with sync, resizable tab tiling, floating web panels and over 1,500 improvements since the first version of Vivaldi.
New features in Vivaldi 2.0:
- Implement Syncing of Bookmarks, settings, etc.
- Add options to support for floating/overlay panels
- Make tiled tabs resizable
- List layout for Visual tab cycler
- Add predefined shortcuts for moving tabs left and right: Windows/Linux = “Ctrl+Shift+PgUp/PgDn”; macOS = “⌘+⇧+↑/↓”
- Tile new tabs in a tab stack
- Holding Command/Control opens new tab on history buttons
- Web panel suggestions with favicons
- More Speed dial suggestions by using favicons
- New 2.0 Welcome Page
- Updated Default Themes for 2.0: Added “Vivaldi” as our new default theme, replaced “Redmond” with “Beach”
- Minimum active tab width setting
Download / Install Vivaldi browser:
The official download page offers the 64-bit and 32-bit DEB packages for Ubuntu / Debian based systems:
Get it from the previous link, then click install via Gdebi / Ubuntu Software, or by running command:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/vivaldi-stable_*.deb; sudo apt -f install
For those who have a previous release installed, and enabled the Vivaldi repository, upgrade the browser via Software Updater utility:
To manually add / enable the Vivaldi repository:
Use “Software & Updates” utility if you installed and DEB package of the browser:
Or run command in terminal to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb/ stable main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivaldi.list'