Oracle Virtualbox got a new maintenance release for the 5.2 series today with various bug-fixes.
According to the changelog, following items were added or fixed in VirtualBox 5.2.14:
- Fixed a segmentation fault when accessing the interface through VNC
- X11: handle repeating keys on the host system correctly
- VMM: Fixed emulation of the undocumented SALC instruction
- VMM: Fixed emulation of so-called “huge unreal mode”
- The PS/2 keyboard emulation has been corrected to not queue partial scan code sequences
- Fixed CUE file support to correct REM keyword parsing
- USB: Fixed a problem where the emulated xHCI device under very rare circumstances failed to report an empty isochronous transfer ring error, causing the transfers on the corresponding endpoint to stop.
- Audio: fixed Linux kernel log flooding
- Apple hosts: make kernel driver load with Mac OS Mojave pre-release
- Linux guests: made vboxvideo driver build with kernel 4.17 and with pre-3.14 and EL 7.1 kernels
How to Install Virtualbox 5.2.14 in Ubuntu:
The Linux binary for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 18.04, and their derivatives are available for download at the link below:
Download the package matches your OS and click install via Ubuntu Software
To install Virtualbox 5.2.14 using official Linux repository:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T), paste the command and run:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
For Linux Mint, replace $(lsb_release -sc) in the code with the Ubuntu codename that your system depends on.
2. Install the key via:
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
For Ubuntu 14.04, use this one instead:
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3. Finally update and install VBox 5.2.14 via commands:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install virtualbox-5.2