Kodi media center reached the 17.6 release earlier today with a few changes. The development now is focused on Kodi 18 “Leia”.
As the last bug-fix release for v17 “Krypton”, Kodi 17.6 contains only a few changes:
- Fix possible crash in controller dialog
- Update standard scrapers to lastest version available on release
- Fix possible connection issues with internal webserver
- Fix crash when peripheral joystick add-on is disabled
How to Install Kodi 17.6 in Ubuntu:
Kodi stable PPA has made the packages for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and Ubuntu 17.10.
Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, do:
1. Run command to add the Kodi stable PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then upgrade Kodi from an existing release via Software Updater:
or run commands to check updates and install (or upgrade) Kodi:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-suggests kodi
Once installed, log out and select log back with Kodi session. Or launch Kodi from your application launcher.
You can remove the PPA repository by launching Software & Updates utility and navigating to Other Software tab.
To remove kodi media center, run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove kodi