Qmmp, a Qt based audio player with winamp or xmms like interface, reached the 1.1.11 (and 0.10.11 for Qt4) release a day ago.
Changes in Qmmp 1.1.11 and/or 0.10.11:
- added AAC mime types to the qmmp.desktop;
- added album artist support in the cue parsers;
- using game name as album tag in the gme plugin;
- fixed seeking in the mpris plugin;
- fixed issue with untracked property in the mpris plugin;
- fixed possible segmentation fault;
- fixed cmake warnings;
- fixed cmake 3.10 support;
- fixed file size calculation in the ffmpeg plugin;
- fixed possible segmentation fault in the ffmpeg plugin;
- fixed saving of the equalizer ‘auto’ mode option;
- fixed control socket permissions;
- fixed rusxmms support;
- translation updates;
How to Install Qmmp 1.1.11 / 0.10.11 in Ubuntu / Linux Mint:
The official PPA has made the both releases for all current Ubuntu releases, including Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 17.04, Linux Mint 13/17/18, and their derivatives.
1. Open terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T or searching for “Terminal” from start menu. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa
Type in your password (no visual feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. If you have a previous version installed, now launch Software Updater (Update Manager) and upgrade Qmmp after checking for updates:
Or you can run following commands to install or upgrade the audio player:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack
The command will install the Qt4 version (0.10.11 release) in Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04, and install the Qt5 version (1.1.11 release) in Ubuntu 16.04 and higher.
For Ubuntu 16.04 and higher users who want to install the Qt4 version of Qmmp, run following commands instead:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qmmp-qt4 qmmp-plugin-pack-qt4
How to Uninstall:
To remove Qmmp multimedia player, either use Synaptic Package Manager or run following commands in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove qmmp* qmmp-plugin-pack* && sudo apt-get autoremove
And you can remove the PPA by going to System Setting -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.