The development series for the next stable Wine 2.0 has now reached the Wine 1.9.19 release.
What’s new in Wine 1.9.19:
- Initial version of a udev bus driver for HID.
- Various improvements in joystick support.
- Initial implementation of DC rendering in Direct2D.
- Improved metafile support in GDI+.
And a total of 19 bugs has been fixed in this release. See the release note for details.
How to install Wine 1.9.19 in Ubuntu:
While the official build is kinda different to the default builds in Ubuntu repositories, you may use Rico Tzschichholz’s PPA to install a well integrated version:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and add the PPA via command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/unstable && sudo apt update
2. Then install or upgrade to Wine 1.9.19 via command:
sudo apt install wine1.9