i-Nex is a free and open-source tool that gathers and displays system and hardware components information in Ubuntu Linux.
i-Nex offers a CPU-Z like interface that displays information about:
- CPU model, temperature, cache, usage.
- GPU model, OpenGL, GLX, Kernel driver, memory usage, etc.
- Motherboard model and BIOS info
- Audio info and ALSA driver.
- System, Desktop environment, Window manager, themes.
- current and installed Kernel info.
- Memory info and usage, network, USB, Hard Drive.
How to install i-Nex in Ubuntu 16.04:
The developer maintains the latest packages in PPA with support for Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and their derivatives.
1. To add i-Nex daily build PPA, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:i-nex-development-team/daily
Type in your password (no visual feedback) when it asks and hit Enter.
2. (Optional for 16.04) i-Nex depends on Gambas3 libaries and the current build requires Gambas PPA for Ubuntu 15.10 and earlier releases:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
3. Finally update and install i-Nex by running following commands one by one:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install i-nex
To disable or remove the PPAs, simply launch Software & Updates utility and go to Other Software tab. And i-Nex can be removed via command:
sudo apt remove i-nex && sudo apt autoremove