JDownloader is a free and open source download manager written completely in Java. It simplifies downloading files from One-Click-Hosters like Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com, not only for users with a premium account but also for users who don’t pay.
It offers downloading in multiple parallel streams, captcha recognition, automatic file extraction and much more. Additionally, many “link encryption” sites are supported, so you just paste the “encrypted” links and JDownloader does the rest. JDownloader can import CCF, RSDF and DLC files.
To install JDownloader 2 in Ubuntu 16.04, here is the step by step guide for Ubuntu beginners:
1. Download the Linux installer from jdownloader.org/download/:
- JD2Setup_x86.sh for 32 bit Linux
- JD2Setup_x64.sh for 64 bit Linux
2. Right-click on the downloaded file, and go to Properties -> Permissions, make the script executable by checking the box that says “Allow executing file as program”.
3. Run the script in its context menu.
For those who don’t see the Run option, go to menu Edit -> Preferences -> Behavior -> check “Run executable text files when they are opened”, finally restart Nautilus file browser.
4. The installer brings up the installer wizard, follow it until done.
Finally open Jdownloader 2 from App Launcher and enjoy!