Xfce team recently announced the Xfce Desktop 4.12, a new stable release that supersedes Xfce 4.10.
The new release comes after 2 years and 10 months of work and features:
- Alt+Tab dialog with optional windows preview and a list mode (Settings Manager -> Window Manager Tweaks)
- Xfce panel intelligently hide and GTK3 plugins support.
- Better multi-monitor support.
- Allow set different wallpapers for each workspace
- previews for icons/themes in appearance window.
- Xfsettingsd now supports libinput.
- power and brightness indicator
- Thunar improvements and more, see the release note.
How to Upgrade to XFCE 4.12:
For XUbuntu 14.04, Xubuntu 14.10, and Linux Mint 17 Xfce edition, XFCE 4.12 is available for upgrade in its official PPA.
Open terminal emulator and run below commands one by one to add the PPA, and upgrade your system including xfce4 desktop to latest:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/xfce-4.12 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
You may also install the xfce4-power-manager package from Software Center to get the new indicator.