JetBrains PyCharm IDE has reached 2017.2.2 release more than a week ago. Now you can easily install it in Ubuntu 16.04 and/or Ubuntu 17.04 via PPA.
PyCharm 2017.2.2 fixed following bugs:
- An issue in the creation of Angular CLI projects
- Code insight and inspection fixes: “method may be static” issues, and misidentification of Python 3.7
- Django: Cache conflict with Jinja template project, and Ctrl+Click on widget templates
- Docker: Docker Compose environment variable issues
- And much more, check out the release notes for details
How to Install PyCharm 2017.2.2 in Ubuntu:
For both community and professional versions, you can use this unofficial PPA. So for, it contains the packages for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10.
1. Open terminal and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:viktor-krivak/pycharm
2. Then check updates and install PyCharm community via commands:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install pycharm
For the professional edition, replace pycharm with pycharm-professional in the last command.
To remove PyCharm IDE, open terminal and run following command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove pycharm pycharm-professional
To remove either PPA repository, launch Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.