A new maintenance release of Virtualbox 5.1 series, Virtualbox 5.1.26, was released hours ago with various bug fixes to audio, Linux network interface, etc.
Virtualbox 5.1.26 changelog:
- VMM: reset the TSC on VM reset to work around a Windows bug
- Audio: fixed memory leak when enabled with VRDP connections
- Audio: fixed creation of too many sound sinks on Linux hosts when using the PulseAudio backend
- Audio: implemented record gain registers for AC’97 emulation; those are needed for newer Ubuntu guests which rely on those when controlling gain and muting the recording (capturing) levels
- Storage: fixed hang when using the emulated NVMe controller with the SPDK
- Mouse: double click was not working with a precision touchpad
- Linux hosts: properly bring up host-only network interfaces with iproute
- Linux hosts: provide Python 3 libraries for deb/rpm packages
- Windows hosts: make it possible to use host-only networking without having bridged networking installed
- Windows guests: fixed automatic logons for Vista and newer Windows guests
Download / Install VirtualBox 5.1.26:
For Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and higher, the official .deb packages are available for download at the link below:
For those who want to upgrade Virtualbox via Software Updater utility, add the VBox for Linux repository via following steps:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian xenial contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
Depends your Ubuntu edition, replace xenial with trusty (for 14.04, Mint 17.x, eOS 0.3), or precise (for 12.04).
2. Setup the keyring so to trust the updates from the repository:
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
After adding the repository, use Software Updater to upgrade from an existing VBox 5.1 series:
Or run command to install / upgrade Virtualbox 5.1.x:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install virtualbox-5.1