The Wine development release has reached version 2.13 a few days ago with some new features, performance improvements and a total of 33 bug-fixes.
What’s New in Wine 2.13:
- Unicode data updated to Unicode 10.0.0.
- Nicer looking default mouse cursors.
- Persistent connections support in WinHTTP.
- Message Framing protocol support in WebServices.
- Improved metafile support in GdiPlus.
- Debug registers support in x86-64 exception handling.
- Anti-aliasing improvements in DirectWrite.
- Various bug-fixes.
Install Wine 2.13 in Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 17.04:
Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, do following steps to add Wine repository and install wine 2.13:
1. Add the repository via command:
sudo apt-add-repository 'https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/'
For Linux Mint 18.x, run following command instead:
sudo apt-add-repository 'deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ xenial main'
2. Add the keyring via command:
wget https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key && sudo apt-key add Release.key
3. Finally check updates and install wine 2.13:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-devel
To remove the wine development release, run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove winehq-devel
And remove the wine repository via Software & Updates utility under Other Software tab.