MPV, an open-source MPlayer and mplayer2 based media player, has reached the 0.26.0 release today with new features, bug-fixes, and various other changes.
Changes in MPV 0.26.0 include:
- Universal Windows Plaform (UWP) support (libmpv only)
- Require FFmpeg >= 3.2 for VA-API/VDPAU hardware decoding
- Disable DVB support by default since it doesn’t work on some old kernels.
- Built-in V4L TV support is disabled by default.
- Support for C plugins is now enabled by default
- OpenGL video output improvements
- Many more parts of the player are now licensed under LGPL.
Download / Install MPV:
For semi-official builds, source tarball, and third-party packages go to the link below:
For Ubuntu and derivatives, it refers to Doug McMahon’s PPA though it’s not updated with the 0.26.0 release at the moment of writing.