Gnome photo management software Shotwell 0.26.2 was released hours ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 17.04, and derivatives via PPA.
Shotwell 0.26.2 is a small bug-fix release with following changes:
- Fix issue when minimizing publishing UI on Unity
- Fix browsing on GVFS-mounted file systems
- Fix missing linebreaks in comments when writing back meta-data
- Fix crash when no import plugin is selected
- Translation updates
How to Install Shotwell 0.26.2 in Ubuntu:
To install the latest shotwell packages, follow the steps below one by one to add the official shotwell PPA and do updates.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yg-jensge/shotwell
Input your password (no visual feedback) when prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then you can upgrade Shotwell via Software Updater (Update Manager) after checking for updates:
Or simply run commands in terminal to install the latest shotwell photo manager:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install shotwell
To uninstall Shotwell 0.26.2 and restore it to the stock version in your Ubuntu main repository, purge the PPA via ppa-purge tool:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:yg-jensge/shotwell