The latest Wine development has now reached the 1.9.22 release, leading up to the Wine 2.0 stable release later this year.
What’s New in Wine 1.9.22:
- macOS clipboard support adapted to the new design.
- Initial implementation of bitmap rendering in Direct2D.
- More WebServices implementation.
- A few more steps towards HID support.
There are also 25 bug-fixes in this release, see details.
How to install Wine 1.9.22 in Ubuntu:
For a well integrated version, you can also install Wine 1.9.22 from this unofficial PPA, available for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and Ubuntu 17.04:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and add the PPA via command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/unstable && sudo apt update
2. Then install or upgrade to Wine 1.9.19 via command:
sudo apt install wine1.9
To remove Wine 1.9.x, simply run apt command with remove flag:
sudo apt remove wine1.9 && sudo apt autoremove
And the PPA can be removed by going to System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.