Avidemux video editor has reached the 2.6.14 release a few hours ago with translation updates, platform fixes, and following changes.
Avidemux 2.6.14 release highlights:
- Qt version now automatically check if a new version is available (can be disabled in Preference)
- Decoding: Deal with corrupted stream in a nicer way (H264/TS)
- Decoding: Enable lagarith
- Decoding: Support for flac through libavcodec
- VDPAU: Try harder to release resources at exit
- Demuxer: Image loader improved and cleaned up, more jpeg formats are supported
- Editor: Try to deal better with corrupted audio in copy mode
- TS: Add support for new EAC3 identifier such as the ones used by numericable / DVB-T
- Encoder: Fix most of the libavcodec based encoders
Install Avidemux 2.6.14 in Ubuntu 16.04, 14.04:
Avidemux can be installed in Ubuntu from:
- either GetDeb repository for Qt 5 build, available for Ubuntu 16.04, Linux Mint 18.
- or Thanh Tung Nguyen’a PPA for both Qt4 and Qt5 build, available for Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 14.04.
To install Avidemux from GetDeb repository:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add GetDeb repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
2. Setup the key so Ubuntu will trust the packages from that repository:
wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
3. Update and install Avidemux 2.6.14 via command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install avidemux2.6-qt
You may also use Synaptic Package Manager instead to update and install avidemux video editor.
4. (Optional) To remove it, run command:
sudo apt remove avidemux2.6-qt && sudo apt autoremove
And the GetDeb repository can be removed via Software & Updates utility (Other Software tab).
To install Avidemux from Thanh Tung Nguyen’a PPA (not ready at the moment, check the link above):
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rebuntu16/avidemux+unofficial
2. Update the package index via command:
sudo apt update
3. Finally install Avidemux either via following command or using Synaptic Package Manger:
sudo apt install avidemux2.6-qt4 avidemux2.6-qt5
To avoid conflict, please remove GetDeb repository as well as avidemux2.6-qt while installing the Qt5 version avidemux2.6-qt5 from the PPA.