OpenShot 2.1, the new major stable release series since OpenShot 1.4.x (2.0 is a beta series), was finally released a few hours ago with a huge number of new features, bug fixes, and improvements!
OpenShot 2.1 brings many stability and performance related improvements, multiple memory leak fixes, and also following new features:
- Supports for displaying audio waveforms on clips
- Improves property editing
- A new selection dropdown to quickly switch among the property editors
- Ability to customize the keyboard shortcuts.
- Windows 64-bit support
- A new tutorial system on first launch
- Right-click playhead icon slice all feature.
- Timeline, Misc, effects improvements, and bug-fixes.
How to install OpenShot 2.1 in Ubuntu:
The OpenShot Developers PPA offers the Qt5 builds of 2.1 release for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, also the old Ubuntu 15.10, and Ubuntu 15.04.
To install it, do following steps:
1. Add the PPA.
Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/ppa
Type in your password when it asks and hit Enter.
2. Update the package index and install openshot-qt:
sudo apt update; sudo apt install openshot-qt