The first point release of Audacious Music Player 3.6 was released a few days ago with some important bug-fixes.
According to the release note, Audacious 3.6.1 fixed unable to play CD disk, and player crashes on song change if auto presets is enabled.
Also the new release fixed three other bugs include:
- Plugins disabled after upgrading audacious
- Winamp skin rendering issue in GTK2 version .
- misbehavior of function VFSFile::fread(…)
Install / Upgrade to Audacious 3.6.1 in Ubuntu:
Webupd8 PPA is maintaining the most recent Audacious packages, and so far Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 15.04 and Linux Mint 17 are supported. Check out the PPA page.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal from the Dash, Menu, or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
2. After adding the PPA, upgrade the music player through Software Updater (or Updater Manager).
Or run below commands one by one in terminal:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install audacious audacious-plugins
That’s it. Enjoy!