Kodi 14.2, the second and final point release of Kodi 14 Helix, formerly known as XBMC, was released today with various bug-fixes. The next will be Kodi 15 “Isengard”.
Changes in Kodi 14.2:
- Fix: Application stopped responding on Windows
- Fix: Gap-less playback on MP3
- Fix: Playback of rtmp protocol
- Fix: Scanning of newly added episodes
- Fix: Fix multipath source scanning
- Fix: Loading external subtitles in some cases
- Fix: packaging of PIL module on Android. This fixes some script error when using weather add-on
- Fix: Fix video playback on all platform after refresh rate change
- Fix: Various bugs that were present in PVR add-ons.
- Fix: Save weather location
- Fix: Fix filtering of foreign add-ons
- Fix: ftps handling
- Fix: use LastWrite instead of ChangeTime for file system on Windows
- Feature: Bump OSX SDK to 10.10
Install Kodi 14.2 in Ubuntu:
The new release has been made into Kodi’s official PPA, available for Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04, Linux Mint 13/17.
To install it, open terminal from the Dash, Application Menu, or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run below commands one by one to add PPA and install/upgrade the media center:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Once installed, log out and choose log-in with Kodi session, or launch Kodi from the Dash at next log-in.