Exaile is an open-source music player for GTK+, works on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
The player features:
- simple interface
- powerful music management
- smart Playlists
- advanced track tagging
- automatic album art, Lyrics, Streaming Radio, Podcasts.
- secondary output device support
- easily extensible with 50+ plugins available.
The most recent Exaile 3.4.4 was released this Sunday with a few fixes and improvements:
- Add Import/Export Playlist options to the popup context menu to improve discoverability
- Fix error starting Exaile on fedora 21
- Fix search fail when there is a file with wrong encoding
- improve ‘make uninstall’
- Fix unable to import playlist in Arch Linux
- Fix translation issue
- Fix tray menu item for removing current playlist item
Install/Upgrade Exaile in Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Webupd8 Team is maintaining a PPA that contains the most recent Exaile release, available for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Linux Mint 13 and 17.
Open terminal from the Dash/Menu or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
After that, refresh system cache and install the latest Exaile:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install exaile
If you want supports for iPod, moodbar, and contextual information, install plugins via:
sudo apt-get install exaile-plugin-contextinfo exaile-plugin-ipod exaile-plugin-moodbar
That’s it. Enjoy!