Wildfire Games recently announced the eighteenth alpha version of its real-time strategy game 0 A.D. The code name is Rhododactylos.
The new release comes with some new features:
- Nomad Game Mode: Players start with only some citizen soldiers and female citizens, and no civil center, and must build a base from scratch.
- In-Game Technology Tree: Allows players to see which faction can research what technologies, when and for how many resources.
- The default AI, Petra, now supports saved games.
- Toggle groups of units between marching in formation and breaking formation.
- New Seleucid buildings: The new buildings are the house, storehouse, farmstead, towers and temple. The Civic Center is a placeholder for now and will be updated before the Seleucids are finished.
There are also some performance improvements and other changes under the hood, see the release note for more.
Install 0 A.D. Alpha 18 in Ubuntu / Linux Mint
Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and Linux Mint 13/17 can running below commands to install or upgrade this game from its PPA.
Open terminal from Menu/Dash or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
Then update system cache and install the game:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad 0ad-data